Monday, April 30, 2012

Some Exciting Work Things

Two Work Things I'm Happy About:
  • I get to perform with the orchestra as a member of a 'chorus' that is required for the first half of our Carnegie Hall concert.  This means not only do I perform with the orchestra at Jones Hall, I also get to do it at Carnegie Hall.  Never in a million years did I think I would get this opportunity.  I've been giddy for weeks now.  Now, it was the perfect set of circumstances that gave me this dream opportunity.  First, the chorus part is not terribly difficult and can be performed by those of us who aren't necessarily trained...in fact our music director prefers it for this particular piece.  I was already going to NYC to work the tour, so my boss said that they could use another person and bam, I'm in the chorus.  I'm beyond excited to live a dream that I've had since I was 12.  
  • On top of the performance, I'm really happy to finally get the chance to go on a tour with the orchestra and learn the ropes of taking a concert on the road.  I've worked really hard getting the orchestra to various locations in my 3+ years I've worked here, so it is great to actually see the tour happen.  I'm going to be super busy with various assignments, but I think I'll have a little bit of fun while I'm there.
I'll write up a recap of my trip when I get back next week.  So give me something to read in the meantime: Have you unexpectedly been able to cross off a major thing on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment